I think we’ve all been there – you’re starting a new diet and exercise program, determined to lose the weight or reach your fitness goals THIS TIME. You’re feeling really motivated and ready to take on anything.
Then as time goes by, you might start to slip here and there. Having a full program planned has helped me immensely, but as humans, we can all be tempted by something. Whether that be to sit on the couch instead of exercising, cutting your workout short because you feel tired or eating something you shouldn’t. The internet certainly isn’t short of quotes and pictures to motivate us to stick to the diet and exercise, but I find alot really un-realistic. Here’s six motivational quotes that I have found that actually help me – it certainly doesn’t hurt to remind yourself of these things every now and then.
1. In the past I have been notoriously bad for eating because I’m bored. This was a habit I worked hard to break, I’m still tempted every now and then but this is a great reminder not to wander to the fridge!
2. One pound actually looks like alot like this – and once you keep on just losing one pound, they really add up quickly.
3. Have you ever worked out and then gotten home and said “Gosh I wish I didn’t work out, I should’ve just sat on the couch.” Probably not. But I’m sure you’ve decided to sit on the couch or do something else instead of your workout for the day and then felt guilty or regretted it. So just do it!
4. Simple and to the point. Just suck it up.
5. Just like the shampoo ads say, it won’t happen overnight, but it will happen.
6. This is a big one that I have to remind myself on when I’m working out. Your mind will always give up before your body does, so when you want to quit, keep going and see just how much your body really can do when you get the thought of quitting out of your head.